Join us for the Earth Day Protest at Northwest Regional DEP Office in Meadville. Statewide rallies will be held at all Regional DEP Offices.
Monday, April 22, 2013 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Beginning at Diamond Park, Main St., proceeding to DEP Office at 230 Chestnut Street, Meadville, PA 16335
Erie Area contact Pat Lupo email@example.com 814-490-3108
A coalition of groups and individuals will protest the DEP failure to protect Pennsylvanians from fracking and the cradle-to-grave dangers of shale gas extraction and demand that the DEP will:
• Appoint an environmental expert without industry ties as DEP Secretary to ensure DEP’s mission is fulfilled;
• Place a moratorium on permits for gas wells, compressor stations, pipelines, water withdrawals, coal mines, and other infrastructure related to fossil fuel extraction;
• Allow no more toxic secrets and ensure full disclosure of water tests and other studies by DEP;
• Provide justice for those harmed by the oil and gas industry; and
• Reopen the DEP Office of Energy and Technology Deployment to develop solar, wind and other renewable energy technologies.